One major frustration I had when jailbreaking with Pangu was when I had to SSH into my device to install Cydia. I’m in school for most of my day, which means I’m on a complex wireless network. Which will not allow you to SSH into your devices. Because of these issues, I was without a phone throughout my day, several days in a row. Luckily, my friend showed me a neat trick to get around this. (Note: this trick will work with or without an internet connection.)
Once you’ve successfully jailbroken with Pangu (anything less than version 1.1), you’ll need to head into the pre-installed Pangu app on your device. Once inside, you want to go ahead and install OpenSSH.
1) After installing OpenSSH, you want to head over to your Mac, and tap on the Wi-Fi icon in your Mac’s menubar, and tap on create network. (Your Wi-Fi must be enabled, but doesn’t have to be connected to Wi-Fi.)
2) You will now be prompt to create an SSID. This could be anything, as it doesn’t really matter. Go ahead and tap create. If you are currently connected to a wireless network, this will disconnect you from that network.
3) Head over to your iOS device and connect to the local network you’ve just created on your Mac. Once connected, you want to wait for up to a minute for your network to assign an IP address to that device.
4) Tap on the “i” next to the Wi-Fi name, you should now be presented with an IP address. Go ahead and open up Cyberduck (or any other SSH program. In Cyberduck, you want to choose from the dropdown menu, SFTP server).
5) In the server address box, you want to type in your iOS device’s IP address. After you’ve done so, fill in the username and password box with root (username) and alpine (as the password). Of course, if you’ve changed your SSH password, you’ll want to enter your personal password.
It’ll take a few seconds for it to connect to your device, but in a moment you should be connected via SSH without a proper internet connection.
And there you have it. You’ve successfully connected via SSH using the local network. Now you can install Cydia, and install tweaks on your device.