Have you ever faced the problem that your outbox message hangs out for a while? Should you restore or delete the mailbox and re-enter it? In this article, we will give you some recommendations how to fix stuck outbox messages on iPhone.
Why stuck outbox messages appears
There are some reasons why your messages can’t be sent and get stuck. More often it happens because of a bad Internet connection. A message is tried to be sent when it is inactive, or insufficient. Sometimes the reason is in the cellular connection itself. It may be a low service area. Also, it can be the remote mail server that is not responding.
When the trouble happens, at the bottom of the Mail app on iPhone, the status bar shows “1 Unsent Message”. Or there can be even more stuck outbox emails that haven’t been sent. It is so annoying when it hangs up constantly! Moreover, this significantly consumes your iPhone battery.
So, if you detect that your message gets stuck in the outbox, you can use these simple tricks to fix the problem fast and easy.
But before, if you are trying to hide photos and other private stuff on your iPhone – check this post.
Fix the Stuck Outbox Message with a Reboot
The most gentle and simplest way to fix unsent outbox messages is unstuck them by rebooting the mobile phone.
Steps for fixing:
You should just reboot your iPhone.
- Hold down the Power Button and Home Button contemporaneously until the Apple logo will appear on the screen of the smartphone.
- As your device has powered back up, check up that the Internet connection is satisfactory and try to open the Mail app again. The Mail message should send on it’s own.
We also recommend you to use voice to text apps for faster dialogs.
Resend a Stuck Outbox message on iPhone
If the email message is still stuck after you have rebooted the iPhone, try to resend it. You can do it easily following the next instructions.
Steps for resending:
- You should open Mail app and go to Mailboxes then choose Outbox
- Now click on the stuck outbox message (it usually signified by the stuck email message having a little red (!) icon next to it or a perpetually spinning status indicator)
- Then click on the “Send” button trying to resend the stuck email message.
As a rule, this usually works to push a stuck message that is sitting unsent in the outbox of iOS.
Delete a Stuck Outbox Message on iPhone
If the above options don’t work the only thing that you can do is to simply delete the stuck message. If the email is important we advise you to copy and paste the email body content into a new message. If not, you will lose the unsent message.
Steps for deleting:
- You should swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch Control Center.
- Then put the iPhone in Airplane mode.
- Now launch the Mail app and access your Outbox where the problem message resides.
- You should click the Edit button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the stuck message by touching the circle which stands next to it and click “Trash” button to delete.
- Take the iPhone out of Airplane mode
- Now you can return to the Mail app.
So, your problem should be solved.
That was the ways how to fix stuck outbox messages on iPhone. Hope that our tips will help you to struggle the problem!