One of the downsides SoundCloud users have about the music streaming app is that it doesn’t allow them to save songs for offline listening. Instead, they need to stay connected to Wi-Fi so they can continue listening to a song or playlist they like. As soon as the iOS app or web-based player detects a disconnected internet connection, it no longer plays anything.
If you’re a SoundCloud user who’s been plagued by this dilemma, you’ve probably come across some apps that help you download tracks from the app. SoundCloud Downloader Pro is one of the more popular apps that help solve this problem. Sadly, the app didn’t last too long since it was taken down by either the developer or Apple.
This brings you back to your dilemma of saving songs for offline listening. Thankfully, there are two ways you can save your favorite songs from the app. You don’t even need to use an app or jailbreak your device to be able to do this.
The first option is to download songs from SoundCloud using DownCloud on your iPhone:
- Open iosem.us on your Safari browser
- Tap on an icon design you like before choosing Install
- The iOSEmus app will be available on your home screen. Open the app.
- When you see the Package icon, tap to install. Select DownCloud to install.
- After installing DownCloud, open the app. To download songs, tap on the search feature.
You can start downloading your favorite tracks from SoundCloud.
Note: Be on the lookout for a “Revoked” tag next to DownCloud. If you see this, it means that the app is no longer available to be downloaded. If this is the case, you can try another approach by sideloading an app called SoundCloud++.
What this app will do is install a SoundCloud clone app version. A big difference though is that with SoundCloud++, you can download songs.
- Download SoundCloud++.IPA
- Get Cydia Impactor. Connect your iPhone to a computer
- Drag the .IPA file and drop it to the Cydia Impactor
- Log in using your Apple ID and password. Wait until you are successfully signed in.
Once SoundCloud++ has been installed on your phone, you’ll be able to use the app right away. If you are using this option, remember to re-sideload the app every week because the certificate expires around this time. Otherwise, the app will stop working.
SaveCloud Tweak (For jailbroken devices)
If you have a jailbroken iOS device, you can download your favorite songs from SoundCloud through the new SaveCloud jailbreak tweak. The tweak is available for free from the developer, Majd Alfhaily (@freemanrepo)’s self-hosted Cydia repo. You can then start installing the tweak using these steps:
- Launch Cydia > Sources > Edit
- When a popup appears, enter the URL: https://apt.alfhaily.me/
- When the repo has been added, you can directly go to it and tap on the Tweaks folder
- Scroll until you find SaveCloud. Tap on Install and Respring
When you’re done with this, you no longer have to look for a new app or tweak preference page. The tweak will be directly integrated onto your SoundCloud app so you can use it while you’re using SoundCloud.
If you want to check if a song can be downloaded, you can check the navigation found on the bottom of your screen. You can download the song through the download icon so you can start enjoying offline listening of your favorite tracks.