This week has brought many new tweaks to the jailbreak community. We made a remark early in the week about how many of the tweaks being released lately only customized the control center. Well, I’m happy to say that changed later in the week thankfully. /I was beginning to think Apple had somehow blocked the jailbreak dev from being able to change other things besides the control center.
This week has brought a variety from all the different categories such as music, control center (of course), banners, battery, and more. From the selection, we have put together today it’s pretty clear everyone will find something they can use and enjoy.
Most of these are free tweaks but a couple are paid tweaks, so unless you see a price, you can assume they’re free.
iPhonecaptain’s Tweaks of Week March 11 2017
- Boxy 3 This tweak is in beta are currently free. However, it may be paid tweak once it goes live in Cydia. Currently, the dev is hosting it on his on repo called theirepo.com so whether he move it into Cydia repo will be left to be seen.
- Boxy 3 allows users to customize the site and distance between icons. Users can choose how many icons they want in each row and column. Truly a great tweak and one of the top tweaks this week. This tweak will ask for your UDID if you need help finding your UDID follow our guide 3 Ways To Find UDID on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- BatteryPlus BatteryPlus claims to decrease the number of charges needed while increasing the amount of charge you get. In other words, this tweak helps speed up charging time and increase the time between each charge. How this happens I couldn’t even speculate.
- Vonga Who in the world would have thought up such name? Chase Fromm, is the developer of Vonga and this tweak brings the user’s the iPad split-screen experience to the iPhone. It does a remarkable job with the animations and transitions from one screen to the next to I might add. Check it out. Follow Chase on Twitter.
- ColorBanners 2 ($1.99) This tweak does just as you would think based on the name. Plus we have seen this tweak in previous versions too. /It changes the color of the banners to whatever you prefer under settings. Users can customize the color of each banner notifications making it much easier to recognize in just a glance who has sent the notifications.
- Bottombanners Instead of the banner notifications appearing at the top the screen they will appear at the bottom. It also has a customization which users can move the banners up the screen to their chosen location.
- ByeByeHud We all are tired of that huge volume hud in the center of the screen blocking the view of whatever you are doing. Why the hell Apple hasn’t already attended to this issue they only know. Users can choose from three different versions of hud preinstalled. But this will get rid of that huge volume hud and put it at the top of the screen out of the way. This is compatible with iOS 10, iOS 9, and iOS 8 so lots of people can enjoy this new hud.
- CCPlus Change the way Control Center looks under the settings menu. It has several different options to choose from too.Users can hide almost anything inside the control center they don’t ned or just want to get out of it.
- 3D App Switcher 2 ($1.99) Here again it should be pretty obvious what this tweak does. Users can choose from 7 different styles of card animations for the app switcher. This tweak does a really good job and should be one you check out for sure.
- Onion This is a cool tweak for Control Center I definitely think does a great job. It makes the control center look much cleaner and neater without all the separators and whatever else it does. This tweak is simple and just requires an install with no option to configure.
- LockMusic ($0.99) Adds a really nice looking music player to the lockscreen. Album art is put in the center of the screen making it much easier to see. It moves out of the way when notifications appear and transitions back once they leave. Really a good tweak for anyone using lockscreen music players. These are only a couple of the features offered but one of the top tweaks this week too.
These are definitely ten Cydia Tweaks you should take a look at and try out. We only recommend tweaks we use and enjoy. So let us know what you think in the comments. Did we miss a cool tweak? Which one is your favorite? Be on the look out for our video review of these in the next couple days,