After Apple’s keynote during Monday’s WWDC event, the Apple Design Award event took place in order acknowledge the brilliant apps for iOS and OS X.
Apple announced 12 apps that “combine design and technology in creative, compelling, and powerful ways” as its Design Award winners for 2014. The list of the award winners are as follows:
- Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day is a beautiful star and constellation guide for both iPhone and iPad that is available on App Store for $1.99.
- Cinemagraph Pro is a tool that allows users to create “fixels” and is available for Mac for $24.99 on the Mac App Store.
- Storehouse – Visual Storytelling allows you to combine photos, videos and texts to document your experiences. It’s available for free on the App Store.
- Monument Valley where you guide a silent princess through a beautiful world by manipulating impossible architecture. Available for both iPhone and iPad for $3.99 on the App Store.
- Threes! is a number-matching puzzle game for iPhone with a minimalist design. A universal app available for $1.99 on the App Store.
- DEVICE 6 is a thrilling game in which the written word is both your map and your narrator. Avialable for both iPhone and iPad for $3.99 on the App Store.
- Blek is a game where you have to make a moving line to collect colored circles while avoiding the black holes. $2.99 on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Leo’s Fortune is an adventurous game where you have to find the cunning thief who stole your gold. $4.99 for iPhone and iPad.
- Day One is journal app that lets you record your life as you live it. $9.99 on the Mac App Store.
- Yahoo News Digest provides a brief summary about recent news. The app is free on the App Store for iPhone.
- Teachley: Addimals Adventure combines child learning with fun. Free on App Store.
- PanoPerfect is a photography app that lets you share your panaromic photos with your friends and on social networks. Available for free on iPhone.
Try out each of these apps for yourself as each provides a very unique and amazing experience.