You may just be surprised to know how many features are on your iOS 10 Devices which you aren’t using today. We have scoured the internet and iOS manuals to find 10 tips which are unheard of today. However, these are also tips we think are worth using and implementing into our daily iOS use. This isn’t just a post to get ten tips listed in Google. We actually want you to learn a few great tips by taking the time to watch the video and read this post. So without wasting anymore, time let’s get started. Unfortunately, a couple of these tips will only work on devices with 3D Touch capabilities but there’s plenty more to go around.
*Check all the tips out up close in the video below.
Ten iOS 10 Secret Tips Unknown But Awesome For 2017
- Clear Notifications in one tap. How many times have you wished you could do this. Now it’s possible with the help of 3D touch. Simply long hold on the “x” at the top of the notifications.
- Guided access – locks your screen to the chosen app. It’s setting are under settings > general > accessibility > guided access -toggle on
- Prioritize App Downloads from App Store -have you ever downloaded several apps at once but needed one of them immediately? What about start a download but wish you could cancel it immediately? All this is possible using this tip. Long hold on the App icon being download. This will invoke a popup with several different options for downloading. Choose the one you need and that’s it.
- Home Button Vibration customization. The iPhone 7\7+ brought a different type of home button feeling to it. It’s now a vibration rather than a physical click. Guess Apple thought this would eliminate some home button issues. Anyway, users can customize how much vibration they want to have when they push the home-button. They can choose from three different built-in options. Customizations for the Home button are settings > general > home button -inside here you can choose from three different amounts of vibrations when you tap the home button. Or is it a button now?
- Type Shortcuts – Many viewers have emailed asking how I get that Apple icon. Here’s an iPhonecaptain secret. Copy and paste the apple icon into the text setting > general > keyboards > text replacement This is the one feature I use more than any other the rest combined. I use this for long emails I send daily, email addresses, Apple Icon, and much much more. It’s truly one of the best time savers in the iOS period.
- Magnifier -turn your iOS device into a magnifying glass. It adds a scrub bar for zooming really close up. Settings > General > Accessibility > Magnifier -toggle on Now you can take close-up shots using a magnifying glass.
- Custom Vibrations -open the contact you wish to have a custom vibration for. If you haven’t created a contact for this person yet you will need to now. Open the contacts name > tap edit in top right corner of screen> choose ringtone in here you can create the custom vibration for this contact and give it a name. By naming it you won’t have to create it again should you wish to use it again in the future or for a different contact.
- Swipe Down To Read-This tip is great for reading long emails or text while you are doing other things such as driving. Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech “toggle on Speak screen”
- Change the Voice of Siri –Settings > General > Accessibility > Voices You may need to download the file if you haven’t used this option before. It’s a pretty small file size so don’t worry.
- Take Screenshot with one hand -Personally, this is a must for me. I only have one working hand due to a wreck. Settings > General > Accessibility toggle on Assistive touch Once it’s enabled there should be a small dot appear on the screen. Tap to open and one of the options is the screenshot. These are all customizable too. Customize Assistive Touch by Settings > General > Accessibility toggle on Assistive touch > Tap Customize Top level Menu –in here you can customize Assistive Touch to be however you prefer.
Hope you learned a few new tips today for your iOS 10 Device. Let us know in the comments below which tip you think is best and you will use most often daily. Please take a moment to share this with your social media friends. Sharing is caring.