Lockscreen tweaks have always been popular, like JellyLock which I personally enjoy using it. RocketLauncher is a latest addition to your lockscreen. It simple allows you to launch your apps from the lockscreen by displaying the 7 apps from the app switcher.
Once you have installed this tweak, quickly navigate to it’s pane setting and enable it to experience all of it features. In the stock setting you will find various configuration to be made. These configuration includes:
- Enable toggle: Enable or disable RocketLauncher
- Disable Blur: Disable the background blur
- Disable Tint: Disable the background tint
- Show Full Screen SnapShots: If toggled on, the apps preview are displayed in full screen
- Applications: Set which applications to be viewed in the RocketLauncher
- Application Order: Order in which the applications set in “Applications” appear
- Blacklist Applications: Choose to disable applications from showing in RocketLauncher
Once you have configure the settings according to your needs, go to your LockScreen. Tap and Hold anywhere on the Lockscreen to activate Rocketlauncher and you can see a sidebar appearing on the right side your screen displaying the 7 apps ready to be launched. The 7 apps icon displayed, each app has it’s own respective app preview which is similar to that when using the app switcher. To move along the sidebar, simply slide your fingers up or down to switch the app preview. Releasing your finger will launch the app you currently selecting. If you have a passcode, then you need to enter the passcode in order to launch the app you have selected.
Apart from these there is an option for full screen preview, in which the preview will be displayed in full screen and overlapping the RocketLauncher sidebar. I personally dislike this option as it messes with the layout and it looks nasty.
The apps displayed in the sidebar is populated based in the app switcher. You have the option to select which app to be displayed in the sidebar and determine their position also.
All in all, I personally enjoy using this tweak as it has never been so easy to launch the apps directly from Lockscreen. If you want to get your hands on this tweak and try it, it is available on Cydia for $1.00
Here is our short video tutorial on RocketLauncher: