Retrieve Lost Data With EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
Most of us are familiar with that wave of dread when you realize you’ve deleted that all important, to lose this would be more than my life’s worth, file from your computer. That’s where EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard comes in to save the day. Recovery software available for Mac and PC, you can rely on it to bring back anything you might still need. We’ve compiled a simple instructional guide to show you just how easy it is to recover lost data with just one program.
- The first thing you need to do is download and install it. It takes just a couple of minutes.
- And provided you ticked the ‘launch EaseUS recovery software’ box. The program should open automatically once it’s done.
- How to use the data recovery software
- It’s super easy to find your way around. There are no settings to worry about, just a few easy to understand icons.
- From ‘home’ you may select the type of file you want to search for. (graphics, email, audio, documents etc). The next screen will give you the option to select the location of your hard drive.
- Next, click ‘scan’. And the software will run a ‘quick scan’ taking just a couple of minutes. If you have a little more time and a quick scan doesn’t bring up the results you were looking for, you can opt to perform a ‘deep scan’ by clicking the orange button in the bottom left-hand corner. A deep scan is much more extensive and takes up to 3 hours on average.
You can view the recovered files by type, to make looking through them easier, because if you perform a ‘deep scan’ there will be a lot of results. And even preview them so that you can be sure to restore the right file. And if your deep scan brings up the file you’re looking for before the scan is complete you can pause or stop it early and still recover anything that has been found so far. If you’ve completed the scan, but don’t want to review the results immediately, you can always select ‘export scan status’ to save the results as a recovery state file (.rsf). When you come back to them, simply click on the ‘import scan status’ icon.
Once you’ve found the file/s that you are looking to recover. Just right click and select ‘recover’. Or for several files, select them all and then click the ‘recover option in the bottom right corner. Recovering one file takes mere seconds. Although you can trial the data recovery software for free, you can only scan (not recover) before parting with your money. But making use of the trial at least means you will know the file you need is retrievable before you pay.
Basically, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a great way to get yourself out of a sticky situation. And although, I still wouldn’t recommend deleting files without checking what they are first. With EaseUS it’s no longer the end of the world at least.