How to Play Videos on iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4
This article is well written to show you how to play videos on your iPhone that may have failed to play on your iPhone.
Why did I fail to play videos on iPhone?
You may have downloaded a video or sync it from iTunes, and you find that it fails to play on your iPhone. In some cases, the audio may play that you cannot view the video. The problem is not your iPhone but the file format of the video.
What Video Formats does iPhone Support?
iPhone supports different video formats, which are
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- 264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in M4V, MP4, and MOV file formats
If you have a video that is not in any of the formats listed above be sure it will fail to play and you need to convert it to the supported format. The best way to convert videos to iPhone-supported format is by using an iPhone video converter.
Convert Video to iPhone for Playback with the Best iPhone Video Converter – iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
When you have a video on your iPhone that cannot play, you need to convert it using iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. It is a cross-platform video converter that supports Windows and Mac OS. This software is the tool you need since it is built with iOS preset formats. Therefore, you will only have to upload the video and select the device presets. It is also built with output presets of devices like iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/SE/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Pro/Air/mini, game consoles, Android phones, and so on. iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is a professional tool that is built to convert, download videos, edit and upload videos online. Before we look at how to convert videos to iPhone supported formats we need to highlight the features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe.
- This software allows converting videos and audios without quality loss.
- It is robust media converter that converts audios, standard video formats, HD video formats and DVD file formats.
- It supports audio formats like; AA, AAX, MP3, M4A, WMA, WAV, M4B, M4R, M4P OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, AU, APE. AC3, AAC.
- For standard video formats, the supported formats are AVI, MP4, ASF, RM, RMVB, M4V, MPG, MPEG, MKV, TIVO, DPG, VOB, MOD, TOD, WMV, DV and many more.
- The supported HD formats include, TS, M2TS, TP, MTS TRP, HD MOD, TOD, HD WMV, HD MKV, HD MOV, HD FLV.
- This tool has an inbuilt browser that allows you to search and upload files effortlessly.
- iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is also a video editor that enables you to do basic editing to your video like trimming, splitting, cropping , rotating, adding watermarks, adding effects, adding subtitles and adjusting ASR, volume and brightness.
- iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is integrated with online downloader and recorder that supports different web sharing sites like Hulu, MySpace, YouTube, Metacafe, Facebook, Vimeo, Blip and others.
- This video converter is integrated with a DVD toolkit that allows you to burn media to DVD disc and extract media from DVD discs.
- This DVD toolkit also allows you to edit and convert DVD audio and videos.
- The supported DVD formats are DVD disc, DVD ISO file, DVD folders, DVDIFO file
- With the Mac version you can import videos and upload them directly to Vimeo, YouTube and Facebook.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert Videos to iPhone Supported Format with iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
As you can see, this video converter is built with all video functionalities that you may need when converting videos. Next, we are going to see how to convert videos to iPhone supported formats.
Visit iSkysoft website and download this software on your computer and then follow these steps.
Step 1. Upload video
Launch the program on your computer. Uploading videos on both platforms are simple. On Mac, you can go to the “File” menu and then choose “Load Media Files”.
On Windows platform, click on “Add Files” at the top left and selected the video that you want to upload.
You can also drag and drop the video to the program.
Step 2. Choose iPhone Output Format
Choosing the iPhone output format is pretty simple. On Mac, scroll down and click on “Choose Output” icon and click on “Devices” icon. A list of devices will appear. Scroll through and mark on the model of your iPhone such as “iPhone 7”. After that, scroll down and click on “Choose Output Folder”.
On Windows, navigate to the top right and click on “Output > Videos” and choose the device format of your iPhone. Next, choose the output location to save the video.
Step 3. Convert Video
Now that you have identified the output format and the destination folder you can click on “Convert” button on your computer. The program will automatically convert the video within a few seconds. Once the process is complete the software will prompt you to open the converted file.
That is how fast you can convert videos that have failed to play on your iPhone.
Use iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe software when you have failed to play videos on your iPhone. This software is speedy and efficient.