How To Monitor Kids Online Activity
In this age of technology where smart devices are everywhere, the way we communicate with one another has certainly changed. For example, we can contact our friends halfway around the world in real time and even chat with video. The amount of information that we have access to now is also incredible. However, with the good, sometimes comes the bad. The increase of personal smart devices has given way to cyberbullying among tweens and teens, as well online predators.
KidGuard is a new cell phone monitoring software developed for parents who want to track their children’s digital activities and keep them safe from online threats. The sole mission of the KidGuard team is to protect children online by bringing awareness and inspiring solutions to key issues, such as cyber bullying and sexual predators.
“While privacy concerns continue to be a hot topic, a child’s safety must come first,” said Lawrence Ng, founder of KidGuard. “As the age of children who use mobile phones decrease–average age is now 10 years–parents need tools to cope with the multiple challenges of a digital world on their children. Negative peer pressure, cyber bullying and sexual predators are real concerns that parent worry about every day. By using KidGuard, parents can become a proactive part of their children’s life and intervene when appropriate. Cyber bullying is a good example. Statistics are staggering. More than 40% of teenagers with tech access report being cyber bullied over the past year. “
Text messaging is another ongoing threat. Children can be exposed to cyber bullies, sexting, viewing inappropriate pictures and video, and talking to strangers pretending to be other teens. With KidGuard, all the material they are viewing is readily available to parents, enabling them to make decisions regarding the safety of specific online conversations and intervene, if necessary.
KidGuard’s simple and intuitive interface gives parents the ability to monitor all online interactions, including:
- Text Messages: Monitor sent, received and deleted text messages.
- Location:Know exactly where the child is at any moment in time or where they have been in the past.
- Calls:Have access to call logs for both incoming and outgoing calls as well as view other information such as contact name, number, date and duration of calls.
- Photos: See photos that your child has sent or received
- Social Media:Track communication in accounts that include Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Skype, Viber, Kik, WeChat and Line.
- View Apps: Check which apps are installed.
- Browser History: View your child’s browser history and prevent them from visiting dangerous sites
- Contacts: See who your child has saved as a contact
KidGuard is easy to install and use. Support for the app is available 24/7. When using this technology, it is also essential that parents communicate with their children about the risks and rewards of cell phone .
KidGuard is a new cell phone monitoring software that gives parents the ability to access their child’s text messages, digital interactions, as well as know their child’s phone location. These capabilities equip parents with the right tools to protect their children from cyber bullying, sexual predators and other threats to their well-being. KidGuard, founded by Lawrence Ng, a successful serial entrepreneur with deep technology experience, is a portfolio company of OnRamp Fund, a global incubator that invests in startups.