iOS 6 Jailbreak Using RedSnow
This will only work on these devices, iPhone 4 and iPodTouch 4th Gen.
Download Redsnow 0.9.14Dev4 Mac/Win
- Download and open Redsn0w 09.14Dev4.
- Click “Extras” – “Select iPSW” – Then located the GM
- Click “Back”, then “Jailbreak”
- Make Sure “Install SSH” then click “next”
- Connect Device using USB and put into DFU mode
- Jailbreak device Now Boot tethered
- Open Redsn0w again click “Extras” – “Just Boot”
- Wait for your device to boot up and it should be jailbroken (Cydia will not appear)
It’s very important to remember steps 7 and 8. These steps must be completeed each time the device is powered off or battery runs out. This is referred to as a Tethered Jailbreak. Hope you Enjoy.
Step 1: Open Settings > Wi-Fi > and click the blue arrow next to your connected Wi-Fi router. Find the IP address of the Wi-Fi connection currently. In my example, my IP is 192.168.254.6
Step 2: On a computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network, open the Terminal app.
Step 3: In terminal type: ssh root@ 192.168.254.6 (be sure to change the IP address to match your iOS device’s IP)
Step 4: Once you have connected to the device, type or paste this command into Terminal. Exactly as it appears: DO NOT COPY QUOTES
“ wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh “
After you enter code your finished. Let the Debs load and finish installing. Hope you enjoy.