How to Install f.lux on Any iOS 10 Device
Before we had tweaks such as Eclipse 4 or Apple Night Shift mode we used f.lux. This was another way to change the brightness of your device based on time of day and the current location of the user. The tweak or app based the brightness of the device based on where you are located ad time of day. It has features which users can change ti threat preferences and setup the specific display color or brightness. We are going to walk through step by step how to install the f.lux spoon iOS 10 without a jailbreak or with a jailbreak. It doesn’t really matter. At the time of this post writing, f.lux was not updated for iOS 10 yet.
F.Lux makes your iOS devices display brightness appropriate for the current time of day. It’s really a helpful app to prevent glare blindness or have your screen glare a huge bright white light during church or other gatherings you wouldn’t want others to know you are watching the clock for besides you. F.Lux is available for Windows, Linux, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac so as you can see its a very popular FREE app that can be used across almost any platform and device. Watch our video tutorial for installing f.lux app below.
How to install f.lux on iOS 10 Devices
- Download f.lux from GitHub here
- Download Xcode in Mac App Store
- USB cable needed
- Mac Needed
- Apple ID and password (legitimate working)
- Connect Apple device now
- Open the folder labeled f.lux master
- Inside the f.lux master folder
- Find the file labeled “iflux.xcodeproj”
- Double click iflux.xcodeproj
- This will open Xcode and the file in appropriate window needed
- After Xcode loads the iflux.xcodeproj file click iflux from the left side of the screen
- Now under general in the center of the window change the build identifier name to something memorable. I prefer just adding a couple extra numbers
- Copy this new name in a place you can find in a few moments. You need this soon.
- Open “Capabilities” from top center of screen
- Finds “App Groups” toward the bottom page under capabilities
- Toggle App Groups “on”
- Click “+” from popup at the top paste in the name of the file I told you to remember earlier. Ours is called “com.justgetflux1234.iflux”
- You will have to “trust” the profile before it will open
- Click play
- Trust under settings > general > device management
- Location Services must be enabled to work
Want to install this on Mac, Windows, or Linux? Checkout justgetflux to download. Once downloaded just click the f.lux icon and it will install that easy. Need help feel free to drop a comment.
We ask you to please share this with all your social media. That truly shows us you are enjoying the content and helps encourage us to make more.