How To Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone Without Computer
It is a fairly common scenario. Your iphone tells you that the memory is full. Immediately you delete the text messages to free some memory. But, after deleting them, you realize that you still need some of the messages. Thankfully it is possible to retrieve them and you can do it with or without a computer. We are going to share how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without Computer.
If you are using a computer to recover your deleted text messages then you might end up having to use third party tools. Not all of these tools are safe. Therefore, it is important to make sure you have proper security installed. Make sure you tailor this software to your operating system. For example, if you are using a Mac then make sure you have some sort of antivirus for Mac installed. The same basic rule applies for laptops running Windows or Linux.
If you would rather not bother with any third party software, you can recover your messages using iTunes backup.
To recover using iTunes backup there are two steps.
— iPhonecaptain (@iphonecaptain) January 26, 2017
· The first step is to start the iphone’s data recovery program. Select the option Recover from iTunes Backup File. You will get a list of deleted items like photos, messages, message attachments, app photos and other things. From that list select the messages you need and then select Start Scan.
· Once the scan is over you can go to the next step: recovering the files. Just select the messages that you want to recover and then tap the Recover button. You will get your files. But remember: for this to work you should have backed up your messages on iTunes first.
Another way of recovering deleted text messages is to use iCloud. Of course, like with the recovery tool, for this to work you should have backed up your data on iCloud before you started deleting files from your phone. Here is how you recover messages from iCloud:
· First you have to erase your iPhone. Just go to Settings, then choose General, then Reset, then erase all content and settings. Now you will get three options.
· Select the Restore from iCloud Backup option. When prompted, give your apple id and password and the recovery process will start. You might have to repeat the process a number of times.
· It can take several minutes to get all of the data restored. Remember to connect your iPhone to a power source because otherwise it might lose power and the process will remain incomplete.
· To know whether the recovery is complete just go to Settings then iCloud then Storage and Backup
One of the advantages of possessing an iPhone is that you can get an app for almost any requirement. That is even true in the case of recovering deleted text messages. You can download an app called Undelete SMS but there is a catch. Your iphone must be jailbroken for this application to work. You can find it in Cydia via the Bigboss repo. Expect to pay few dollars because this app is not free but well worth its cost.
There are many ways you can recover deleted text messages but however, just like you take steps to protect against viruses and such things by having antivirus and security software installed, you should ensure that all of your data is backed up regularly. Then recovering it will not be a problem. It is also important to remember that whenever you restore old data there is a very good chance that you will lose current data.