Play iOS Devices Using Bluetooth P3 Controller
One Of the only gripes I have with iOS gaming is the controls. One of the reasons to Jailbreak iOS 7, alone. This can be a great obstacle especially for anyone with a handicap, such as myself. However, being one armed hasn’t kept me from enjoying many great titles on iOS. If anything it’s added and aided in my ability to play. Many of the titles on PS3 are very difficult to manipulate on the controller were the touch screen has allowed me to play.
Well enough ranting and we will get down to the reason you stop by. Instructions for connecting the PS3 to iOS devices is very simple. Follow the instructions below as we show you in the video too.
Buy Controller Here Cheaper
Connection first time only. Items you will need
- Mini USB to USB cable
- iOS USB cable
- PS3 Controller Charged -Buy the one I use in video here. Do not go to Walmart to buy controller. They are $54 were as Amazon link above is only $34. Please use our link to support our effort. It doesn’t cost you anything extra.
- iOS device – We tested iPhone 5, 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air
- You must connect both the iOS device and PS3 controller to computer the first time. Download SixPair here for connection.
- Windows Users download SixPair here
- Mac OS X users download SixPair here
- Linux users download SixPair here
- Download Free Cydia Tweak “Controllers For All”
Need to know how to Jailbreak iOS 7 follow the simple directions here.
This only has to be done the first time you connect each device.
Mac OS X:
- Download SixPair
- Connect the PS3 controller and your iOS device to your Mac
- Click the Pair controller button on screen
- Disconnect your controller from computer
- Download and install SixaxisPairTool
- Connect the iOS device and PS3 controller to your Windows PC
- Run SixaxisPairTool and insert your iOS device Bluetooth address (you can find it here Settings > General > About > Bluetooth)
- Click Update and disconnect the PS3 controller.
- Download and compile sixpair
- Connect the iOS device and PS3 controller to the linux PC
- Run sixpair and give it your iOS device Bluetooth address as the first CLI parameter
- Disconnect the controller from PC
For awesome play time connect iOS device to ATV using airplay or use iMac. This will give you a much larger playing area. Great way to game on the go too.
Watch the video below and please share this so others can enjoy this as well. Hit the subscribe button before leaving too.