How to Enter Safe DFU Mode on iPhone 7/7+
The normal technique for entering DFU mode will not work on the newly released iPhone 7/7+. The reason being is the home button works different and its requires using a different button. Check out our guide below and watch the video for a more visual approach. The device should be put into DFU mode before starting the downgrade process. It’s essential to understanding this if you plan to downgrade. Need help getting older devices into DFU mode, check out one of our top post titled How To Enter Safe DFU Mode on iOS Device iPhone iPod iPad
Reasons for DFU Mode or Safe Mode
How to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 7/7+
- Connect the device to Mac/PC with USB cable
- Power off device before starting
- Hold the power aka sleep/wake button 3 sec first
- Hold power aka sleep/wake button plus the home button together for 3-5 seconds
- Release power aka sleep/wake while continuing holding Home button (do this without lifting finger from home)
- Continue holding the home for approx. 15 seconds
- Last, you should get a popup in iTunes which says it’s detected a device in recovery mode. This is what iTunes refers to as safe or DFU mode
The term DFU Mode is only used in the Jailbreak community. Apple doesn’t use this term. Please leave a comment if our comment about Apple using DFU mode isn’t correct.
How To Exit Safe/DFU Mode:
Simply restart or reboot the device. This will bring everything back to normal. The tweaks installed should be visible under the settings menu now.
Chances are the last tweak you installed will be the causing issues and need to be removed. However, that’s not always the case, but definitely a good place to start when searching out problems. Our video below, titled how to enter and exit Safe Mode, will help you better understand how to enter safe mode aka DFU mode.
If this guide helped you please take a moment to share it socially and leave us a comment. We love to get nice comments. It helps us write more useful stuff.
Check out some other awesome posts: