After going through seven different beta versions of iOS 10.3 Apple has finally made it public. Users who have been antsy for iOS 10.3 can now install it on their devices. You can find the links below to all the different devices and see for yourself if 10.3 will be the firmware for your daily use.
Keep in mind its ok to give iOS 10.3 a try and if you are unhappy just downgrade back to iOS 10.2.1. But this window of downgrade time is definitely limited. It seems Apple reduces the amount of time for downgrading with each new firmware release.
Need IPSW files for other devices and firmware check out our DOWNLOAD page here
How to install iOS 10.3 correctly
- backup device fully in iTunes or iCloud. Most users don’t have enough storage in iCloud without purchasing more space. So we will discuss how to backup in iTunes. Be sure iTunes is running the latest version. You chan check for an update by clicking the iTunes button top left side and scroll down to check for updates. Most likely if it needs to update it will pop up when you open iTunes at the start.
- Simply connnect the device using a USB cable. Once connected click “Summary”
- In the center of the iTunes screen click the backup button choose the “computer” option for the backup. This way you have a personal hard copy of the backup for your iOS 10 device.
- Once you start the backup process you will get a bar across the top of the screen showing the progress.
- keep the backup in a location you will remember. I have mine in dropbox. This is an easy place to remember and safe from getting deleted accidently. That’s pretty much all there is to back up your iOS 10 devices.
- iTunes will also show a popup when iOS 10.3 firmware is available. So you can install it through iTunes if you prefer.
- However, most users tend to use the simplest method wich is OTA [over the air]. Be sure to backup your iOS device even if you choose to update using this method also.
- Apple will send a message to your iOS device pretty often letting you know an update is available. Users can even choose to download and install the new firmware in just a few taps of the sdcren using this method.
- Users can simply open Settings app, then navigate immediately to General > Software Update. In here users can choos to update
- This is the simplest way to update.
Let us know what you think? Are you gonna use the OTA method to update? Are you gonna wait.
iOS 10.3 IPSW Direct Download Links:
- 9.7-inch iPad 2017 (WiFi)
- 9.7-inch iPad 2017 (Cellular)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (6th-generation)