How to Become Invisible on the Internet with VPN
Despite the fact that, formally, the Internet is considered the mainstay of freedom of speech and anonymity, few people continue to believe that we are invisible when online. Also, not so long ago, an ex-CIA official Edward Snowden published information about the PRISM program for tracking Internet users, developed by the US National Security Agency. But even without his revelations, it was clear that the World Wide Web knows more about us than we may think. Spy organizations will not miss the opportunity to follow your behavior on the Global Network and even analyze your mail for personal preferences, because the commercial success of these companies directly depends on the quality of the target audience for the advertising promotion. In both cases, VPN services will help us.
Ensuring private browsing and the security of information interaction between local networks and individual computers through open networks, in particular via the Internet, VPNs allows effective solving the following problems:
- Protection of connection of local networks and individual computers with open channels from unauthorized actions from outside environment;
- Protection of information during its transmission through open communication channels;
- Hiding your IP address.
Reasons Why You Need VPN
Considering functional focus of VPN services, they can help a user to
- Watch YouTube and other media resources while maintaining high speed, bypassing the limitations of your ISP
- Play online games without fear of slowing down your ISP
- Watch the TV of other countries in a streaming mode for free
- Avoid eavesdropping
- Make purchases in foreign online stores
- Safely connect to any Wi-Fi network
- Avoid detection when watching competitors
- Hide your real location, pretend that you are “practically at home”
Benefits of Using VPN Services
There are a lot of benefits associated with using Virtual Private Network, namely,
- For full-fledged work of the VPN session, only an Internet browser is needed;
- You can quickly configure VPN access;
- High security and data authentication are provided;
- Even if the connection is broken (Internet), the connection is not terminated.
Furthermore, self-tuning of VPN doesn’t require any specific knowledge or equipment, due to what it is available to the average user. Using a service, a person gets all the benefits of encrypted access without the hassle and special skills. For a client, it is enough to register on the official website of the company and pay for a suitable package of services, and voila – VPN runs smoothly on your PC. However, when choosing a service, pay special attention to the company you are going to deal with since some may collect visitor statistics and have speed or traffic restrictions. Besides, it is worth paying attention to the fact that most of the free VPN services collect and sell personal data; otherwise, they will not be able to exist.